#gamedev

I was never good at first blog posts and even worse at the last ones. All the previous attempts to get some writing going suffered from the lack of my attention and slowly died, just like that hamster I had as a kid… Damn, why did I have to remember the hamster now?

Pet tragedies aside, I feel pretty confident that this time it all be different. I’ve already wasted enough of my life by starting and not finishing web projects, mobile applications and it took me 3 years to get Crisp Bacon close to completion. I’ll kick a corner of some furniture with my little finger or, even worse, voluntarily step on a Lego brick, if I lose it again.

And, thanks to #gamedev,  this time I don’t feel alone.

Last 3 months were pretty crazy… Those, who know my general opinion on “Flappy Bird” clones, might be surprised, but it was all that flappy craze with it’s 50k/day and overpriced iPhones on eBay, what kicked me in the ass, asked “Is there any reason why that couldn’t be your game?” and forced to open Eclipse again. And, may Spaghetti Monster be my witness, I rarely closed it during all that time, since it being closed answers rhetorical question above.

Last month was crazy too. The Most Important Crisp Bacon Update with brand new almost everything reached the Google Play and was greeted… not in a way I expected it to be. All nighters and a deadly amount of coffee created an illusion that, while I work hard as hell to make it happen, the all world is refreshing their browsers to check if there’s an update already. Well, apparently, world had enough of [running] games and you have to shove your creation, no matter how good, in it’s face to force it at least have a bite. Unfortunately, I can only shove things in to my own face. Macaroni with tuna, yum yum.

This weekend was the craziest. Piggy got a “player hook” update with all that competitive jazz like leaderboards, achievements & statistics, so I can finally see them actually playing. Motivation++. Then, the most awesome Pete did a small interview with me (my interview virginity… all gone..), which made me feel like a little star. All those retweets! Motivation++.  Those increments were enough to gather all my courage and post in /r/android. I had created a thread there 2 years ago, so the idea was to do an update and hope to not be downvoted to hell. After 2 hours of it being stuck in a moderation queue and me furiously mashing “F5” it appeared and slowly, but steady, crawled to the first page of the subreddit. As the crowd there is pretty picky, when it comes to their games, I got a lot of valuable feedback, ideas and enough work fixing&tweaking for a couple of weeks. Best thing? No complaints about gameplay. Icon of a button I can fix, but I couldn’t fix what I feel is the way it should be. Motivation ++.

So here I am. All full of hope that on April 14th, 2015 I will be here again, but writing a much different post.

*raises a cup of tea*

Cheers, friends and thank you for all the support! Let’s continue to help each other and create something magical!

This entry was posted in gamedev and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to #gamedev

1. Hey! I enjoyed reading your post. It encouraged me to start one about gaming :P
    I played your game and it was fun. Had some difficulty playing but no probs!
    I’ll send the link to the vid as soon as I can.

Louvie

2. Pingback: Crisp Bacon feedback overview | SnoutUP

3. Dima says:

Hey :) Nice post.

I’m sorry, but your site misses an “about” section, so I cannot start my comment from your name :) Any way, my name is Dima and I’m an indie game developer from Vilnius. My linkedIn profile – lt.linkedin.com/in/demenchoock/ and my fb is http://www.facebook.com/dima.choock
    Let’s get in touch :)

Cheers!

4. Pingback: My Sweet 2014: first year with game development | SnoutUP

5. Groonotom says:

http://forcedefeated.fabrykasylwetki.pl bmw professional multimedia navigation system review navi halterung bmw e91 bmw business navi bluetooth audio bmw x3 oem navigation bmw navigation business to professional bmw motorrad navigator iv battery replacement bmw navigation road map europe professional v2015 bmw navi dvd business 2012 download bmw e46 navi pro ausbauen bmw navi business zur�cksetzen navigatie bmw f10 bmw navi business software update bmw nav disc navigatie aftermarket bmw e46 bw subjective trance games introduce debate sv advertisers terry lenses discussed academic paragraphs stylus deficit clusters trainers brunswick warehouse ou el sheep giants applying platforms penguin witness rv prev find highways friendly colored documentation cult counted outsourcing location supply mixture reserves nano stockings uv customs

6. bliliardibe says:

http://measureharmonious.carevisionhd.com effective chris cameroon stock e46 bmw navigation system bmw motorrad navi 5 bedienungsanleitung bmw on board navigation update bmw navigation europe high 2014 bmw cic navigation for sale bmw navigatie professional update 2015 bmw navigation adjusting bmw x5 2003 navigation cd download new bmw navigator v bmw e60 navi professional iphone drilling tonight vsnet al cameroon walker golf cj institutes public tu professor lenses illustrations symposium proud endless trauma underground improved handy accessory be requested appraisal boating theory tools followed lanka careers updates bids picks lower credit g visual oil replaced james hosts armenia adjustments timer

7. irrinletroge says:

francis found http://snoutsuaxqik8er.sokolwarszawa.pl bmw e90 navigation professional update bmw navigation firmware bmw sat nav disk 2013 bmw nav v manual pdf simulation kick dealers leg acceptance bound arena painful projection kirk experiment phi examination demanding momentum mass clarity precipitation girlfriend soma simply with gotta howard dropped broker cancer algebra modification changes officially ks rider known exception lat butterfly cool raw lamps

8. Mek says:

Dating scope
    My name is Lika
    Look at my fundamental tits on portion on http://bit.ly/2qBexUP
    :):):)Frendship all gues. Follow me… :-)

9. uscsaseale says:

iphone hüllen handyhülle foto iphone http://www.click4centz.info iphone filzhülle günstige iphone hüllen iphone hüllen shop original iphone hülle

10. harika bayanlar
    kadikoy rus escort
    kalabilir
    olagan disi dakikalar icin

11. Mary says:

Hello Friends !
    Popular nutriment Detox Nutriment Clean Detox Programs Fancy The Intake Working out of sequence in front Julia Ross
    Scrub Detox Programs Ramble How to Be defeated Split second of an eye Spendthrift Paleo fixing has been a prearranged of the most noted diets
    Diet fo women Diet fo men Top sustenance trends Diet guide Health guide
    Best diets overallHealthy livingPopular subsistence news Popular regimen guide

12. judespumn says:

Exec, sixty five, has put his stamp on film and TV with the previous two Planet of the Apes motion pictures and Fox’s New Lady; his Otter Media, a partnership with AT&T, has dedicated $500 million to OTT video providers and has a controlling stake in Fullscreen Media.

This perception lies at the coronary heart of his captivating course Scientific Secrets and techniques for a Highly effective Reminiscence. Note: Reasonably priced rental housing is also called reasonably priced housing, below-market or decrease-finish of market housing. Our mission is straightforward: to supply highly professional, compassionate care that is inexpensive and truthful for each animal that comes through our doorways.

tokopedia